Mike Chanenchuk enters his second season working with the NYIT men's lacrosse program in 2016-17.
In high school, Mike was a three-time letter winner at St. Anthony's High School in Huntington. He was a 2008 Under Armour All-American and scored three goals in the UA All-America Game. Ranked as the 19th overall recruit by Inside Lacrosse, he was named two-time all-league and scored 39 goals and had 18 assists as a senior. This earned him title of Long Island Midfielder of the Year.
In college, Chanenchuk continued his success on and off the lacrosse field. He was a three-year member of the Maryland Terrapins men's lacrosse squad.
- Three-time USILA All-American Midfielder
- 2014 USILA First Team All-American Midfielder
- 2014 All-ACC 2014 Maryland team captain
- 2014 MLL Draft Choice (11th - Charlotte Hounds)
- 2014 Preseason third-team All-American
- 2010 Ivy League Rookie of the Year
- 2010 first-team All-Ivy League
He is entering his third season in the MLL playing midfield for the Charlotte Hounds.
The son of Mike and Jen Chanenchuk, his father, Mike Sr., was a three-time All-America lacrosse player who played at Navy. His brother Matt is an attackman at NYIT.
Chanenchuk started his own company, Chanenchuk Lacrosse Inc., in 2014. His business provides lacrosse camps, clinics and private training to student-athletes throughout the tri-state area.